Quick Grading gives you the option to return assignments to students without giving a final grade. This is useful for acknowledging that a student has completed an assignment where an evaluative grade is not appropriate, e.g. where the assignment is to read a piece you sent them.
To Quick Grade:
- Open Handouts and log in as a teacher.
- Tap on the class for which you want to grade assignments. The ꞌMy Inboxꞌ tab (towards the top left of the screen) will display the number of any new assignments that have been returned to you and the assignments themselves will appear on your screen. Don't forget! you can change the order of appearance on your screen to show ungraded assignments first by tapping on the current option towards the top left of the screen and changing it to your preferred choice.
- Tap on 'Quick Grade' (towards the top right of the screen).
- Tap on the assignment(s) you want to quick grade.
- Tap on 'Quick Grade' again to confirm.
And you're done! A yellow tab will now appear above the assigments giving you the option to 'SUBMIT ALL GRADED'. This allows you to choose between submitting graded assignments as you go, in segments or once you have finished grading assignments for the whole class. Simply tap on 'SUBMIT ALL GRADED' when you are ready and the assignments will instantly find their way back to the students!
Don't forget! you can still add your markings and comments to an assignment following the usual grading process before finalizing it via Quick Grade.